Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Bob Seger: It's What We Drink Around Here."
Setting a record for going off the rails, this is sort of what happened:
- Music from Boston-based bands fills our breaks
- Proof of last week's Morgan Freeman meme is presented.
- Aubrey Plaza's weird crashing of the MTV Movie Awards and whether Sasha Baron Cohen teabagging Eminem was staged or not is discussed in length.
- The major plot flaw from The Perks of Being a Wallflower is hashed about, leading to an exploration of the vast gaps in McHatin's musical knowledge which leads into a deeper rabbit hole.
- Dirk learns something about McHatin. Shock and horror ensues.
- McHatin only recently learned about Bob Seger. Greater shock and horror ensues.
- Music from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Dropkick Murphys.
- A photo of the "ribbed for her pleasure" bottle containing tonight's beer was posted to Facebook.
- Netflix's foray into original series is discussed on the way toward a discussion of the warning label on the red-band Hemlock Grove trailer.
- "Bob Seger: It's What We Drink Around Here."
- The full Hey Kids, Grow a Pair: How Music Blogs Neutered Indie Rock blog item.
- McHatin has serious issues with ICP which we may have to explore more in a future show.
- Music by The Breeders, Belly, and The Pixies.
- Dirk talks about the challenges of writing about music versus movies.
- How crowd-sourcing the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing (or other crimes) by Reddit users could have very bad consequences.
- Dirk's last day of work and the Kafkaesque weirdness that corporate busy-bodies can cause when they overhear offhand and benign comments.
- The movie trailer for Man of Steel is discussed and McHatin's interpretation is hotly debated. Watch it and see who's correct:
- The contractual entanglements keeping various Marvel comics characters apart is broached. Why do comic book movies keep retelling the same origin stories?
- The Lone Ranger trailer is slapped around.
- Dirk's shampoo secret revealed.
- Music by Mission of Burma and Billy Squier.
- Apologies for not actually covering what we billboarded.
- Outrage of Sasha Gray's lady landscaping and the weird beliefs of a friend of Dirk's.