iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
Alternate Title: "Really Living Without It"
- Tonight's Beverages: Water and diet iced green tea for Dirk; nothing McHatin.
- The sad story of Dirk's car being stolen and the damage done.
- The remains of the steering wheel with the club still on it.
- McHatin unfriended Dirk, so we revisit some of the hot babes he wouldn't date because they're 6 years older.
- Non-discussion of the Dexter finale and slight discussion of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and other shows, new and old.
- The lethal motivation trope of hero's journey.
- Edward Snowden, the surveillance state, and the weird demands for privacy from a society that's constantly oversharing.
- McHatin tries to turn the moped discussion back onto Dirk with little success.
- Dirk doesn't like Natalie Portman (top) but likes Keira Knightly despite them looking very similar:
- The sorry state of rap music these days and Dirk's sorta connection to LL Cool J.
- The troubles with the launch of GTA V Online and Dirk's helicopter troubles leads into a discussion of tough spots in games and their videogaming histories.
- Dirk's Xbox Achievement milestones:
December 2009, after 3 years 8 months, hit 10,000.
December 2012, after 3 years 8 days more, hit 15,000.
- The BS way the media blames violent incidents on videogames.
- Steam news: Family sharing, SteamOS, Steam Machines (aka Steamboxes), the radical new Steam Controller, and why Dirk thinks Valve's fanboys are almost as uncritical as Apple's iHerds. Time magazine: 7 Big, Unanswered Questions About SteamOS and Steam Machines.
- Battlefield 3 cheaters and Punkbuster fail.
- Quick movie talk about Parker, Pain & Gain, The Purge, Europa Report (all Dirk reviews to come) and Dead in Tombstone.
- The source articles for Pain & Gain at the Miami New Times.
- We tease a topic that we may not actually do in the future.
- End Note: McHatin finally discovered that some Iranian blogger was pitching Persian princes, not a prince trying to lobby for the gig.