Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Dirk's One-Man Band Show"
- Tonight's Beverage: Labatt's Blue
- Where's McHatin?
- Special Guest: Bob Koski, former producer for the legendary J.J. and the Morning Crew in Detroit.
- Apple Mavericks problems and Target iPad trade-in schemes.
- Jamie Alexander's Thor premiere dress:
- Dirk's poor experience seeing Gravity.
- Rob Ford: Gangsta Mayor of Toronto.
- Discussion of Bob's career in morning radio:
- What a show producer does and how the show was assembled.
- His pre-radio career and early life.
- The beginnings of Drew and Mike and how people could basically BS their way onto the radio.
- Who the real Dick the Bruiser was and the legendary fight between him and Alex Karras.
- The difference between a Program Director and Music Director.
- Arthur Pennhallow tales.
- Why radio playlists are so boring and the dirty secret of the real purpose for programming.
- The "radio" playlists that Google Play Music generates.
- A horrifying tale of radio exec ignorance.
- The poor treatment of DJs.
- How Dirk tried to save the music industry and sorta predicted Spotify.
- Can radio be saved?
- How Digg screwed itself.