Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Impaler vs. Mega-Impaler!"
- Special Co-Host: Otto the Autopilot
- Special Guest: The Impaler!
- Tonight's Beverage: Smirnoff Ice Green Apple (Dirk & Otto); Labatt's Blue (Impaler)
- Introducing The Impaler and laying out his history of co-hosting the Erotic Poetry Festival with Dirk.
- Discussion of the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer. Brief additional character profile clips here.
- Is Zoe Saldana too skinny to be a plausible kick-ass action chick?
- Linda Hamilton lately:
- The casting for the Fantastic Four reboot gets kicked around.
- Being Quirky with Zooey Deschanel.
- Piper and Doreen from CreepynCute Shop call in to talk up their handmade zombie dolls. Check them out on Facebook and Etsy; follow them on Twitter and Instagram.
- We beat up the return of The Walking Dead.
- Separated at birth: Beth and Luna Lovegood?
- Ellen Page is gay. Settle up your bets.
- The photo that prompted the bratty Reddit mobs to attack Dirk's mistake about Drew Barrymore's professed sexuality:
- The Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.
- Is Ridley Scott over-rated or wildly inconsistent? We'll discuss this in-depth next week. (Note: Good intentions fill potholes.)
- Live version of the first song played:
- The bit of N.W.A.'s "Gangsta Gangsta" that Dirk was rapping. The bit of Too Much Joy's cover of LL Cool J's "That's A Lie" referenced.
- How Dirk and The Impaler met way back in the day and played basketball and their co-hosting history.
- The Impaler's musical origins.
- This picture of K.Stew...
....prompts a digression about the Twilight films (EVIL!) and The Vampire Diaries (GOOD!). Also discussion of Dexter, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos.
- Back to Impaler's music career.
- Dirk's Three Laws (and One Strong Suggestion) of Band-Naming.
- The Tropic Thunder reference.
- Impaler plays the Deep Thoughts Musicians Quiz game!
- Selena Gomez isn't that hot according to Otto. Da. Fuh.
- Run-D.M.C. wasn't on before The Hooters at Live Aid, but were the only hip-hop act.
- A particularly hellish gig Dirk's band played and a scary groupie near-encounter.
- Oslo mass murderer wants a better videogame system.
- Muzei Live Wallpaper for Android.
- Emma Watson wardrobe malfunction: