iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
Alternate Title: "From the Cool to the Dick"
- Tonight's Beverages: Michelob Ultra (Dirk); juice (Otto).
- Explaining the pre-tape situation as well as the delays in the podcast and show notes.
- Mop up about Desmond Crisis (see reel below) who apparently is now an Independent politician challenging Nancy Pelosi in her district!
- The madness of patent and copyright laws in conjunction with Amazon getting a patent for generic studio photo lighting; Chris Hadfield's ISS cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity" having the be taken down after one year (though it's probably unrelated to Bowie Bonds as theorized) (UPDATE 6/25/14: It wasn't Bowie's fault); whether the CEO of Mozilla was pushed out under a pretext of social justice in order get DRM into Firefox; Adobe Creative Cloud went down for 24 hours.
- The dumb economics of smartphones and how paying "more" can save you tons.
- Dirk & Hermione's Foxfest Playlist for those with Google Play All-Access.
- Dirk's quick report on Foxfest.
- Otto's reports on the Lady Gaga show.
- A barely-dressed Gaga stage-diving off the Lollapalooza 2010 stage while Semi Precious Weapons perform "Magnetic Baby":
- Otto's extensive report on Motor City Comic Con and which celebs were really cool and which ones were dicks and/or Shat. (Hint, hint.)
- Further details of the Shat's nasty rejection of this CreepynCuteshop portrait doll they'd made for him.
It will be auctioned off at Detroit Zombie Apocalypse II. Bid high to make Captain Jerk's karma bleed.
- Dirk's brush with nasty celebrities in the form of Belinda Carlisle.
- Deryck Whibley (yeah, I had to look up the spelling) has a real bad drinking problem, probably from knowing his ex-wife, Avril TheVigne, is married to Chud Kroeger of Nickelback.
- Annoyance at people who refuse to experience life without cramming it through their phone screen.
- The "Bad Romance" video which Otto somehow had never seen:
- A tribute to Louise Saroli, a long-time scenester who passed away suddenly on May 16.
- Thoughts on the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer.
- The evolution of Royal Oak. (Not necessarily progress.)
- Some talk about Silicon Valley and the authenticity (not!) of shows about nerds like The Big Bang Theory.
- Otto finally caught part of Star Trek Into Wrathness of Khanness so that gets resmacked a bit.
- Brief thoughts about Penny Dreadful.
- Final Comic Con story about Joey Lauren Adams.
- Whoops! Dirk says Emma Stone when he meant Emma Watson. Too many Emmas!