iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
Alternate Title: "Weed Over There Is Bad"
- Tonight's Beverages: Water and Angry Orchard Hard Cider (Dirk); Kentucky Ball Slap (Otto).
- It's still raining.
- Kudos for Otto.
- Josh Brolin's stepmoms and Dirk never saw The Goonies.
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For totally bombed at the box office and prompts an attempted discussion of Robert Rodriguez's recent career.
- Music from Voyag3r (say" Voyager 3") - "Il Guanto Nero." Album release show is Sept. 6.
- FXX marathon of The Simpsons is being aired in the wrong aspect ratio. Netflix does it, too.
- Hard to believe that getting proper aspect ratio has been a battle for a quarter century already:
The Honest Movie Trailer for Ghostbusters shows the part where Ernie Hudson was cut at 1:25:
- David Lynch's Eraserhead start screen:
- Donald Glover finally gets to play Spider-Man after a fashion.
- Dirk reviews The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- What Otto's Electro figure looks like:
- Rage about the Spider-Woman variant cover:
- The Daredevil issue Dirk has:
The book Otto was talking about; turns out Miller only wrote it as Bill Sienkiewicz did the art he didn't like:
- The bimbo who is suing for $10 million because an uncensored shot of her on Dating Naked got broadcast. Really.
- Feminine hygiene products. Really.
- True Blood wrapped up (yawn) and controversy over shooting Game of Thrones nudity.
- The proper way to pronounce Lena Headey's name. (Dirk was right.)
- Fact Check: George RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Martin is 65, not 75. (Dirk was wrong.)
- Absolutely terrible trailer for the Heavenly Sword movie which doesn't feature Nariko. Looks like Alfred Molina is in for Andy Serkis.
- Spoiler-heavy discussion of Guardians of the Galaxy, so if you didn't see it in the past month, that's on you.
- Movie Bob's discussions of Howard the Duck in comic and movie forms.
- The Drax Mini-Bobble figure:
- OnePlus manages to shoot themselves in the PR foot again.
- Cool takes on the played-out ALS Ice Bucket Challenge:
- Why Elysium was terminally stupid in one clip as mentioned:
- Blue MoFi premium headphones.
- J.Law shows up at 1:40, so don't blink:
- Jackie Chan's son faces either 3 years or death(?!) for weed possession.