Download Episode (36MB, Running Time: 1h 19m)
iTunes Podcast Subscribe Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/culture-vultures-podcast/id641892049
RSS feed: http://culturevultures.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • E-mail : CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "I'm A Nerd Slut"
- Tonight's Beverages: Simple Times Lager (Dirk); Kentucky Ballslap (Otto).
- We're back on a same-week recording/podcasting schedule now. Subscribe to get the show a week before it airs.
- Mopping up last week's Van Halen shows, Letterman's Top 10 List, The Flash, the Guardians of the Galaxy TV series, and J.Law's back on the market.
- Title announced: Star Wars - Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Talk among yourself.
- Discussion of the Marvel Cinematic Universe announcements.
- The comparo photo of Natalie Dormer and Captain Marvel:
Howard Stark is played by Dominic Cooper.
- Keisha Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider) returns to health and working.
- Dirk's friends lost on The Amazing Race. An interview with them and we're going to try and talk to them.
- The Mort Drucker-drawn album cover for the first album by The Bears:
- Video shot at the show Dirk referenced:
- BONUS! A complete concert! You're welcome!
- [Where 3 hours of #GamerGate stuff stuff was]
- Taylor Swift's 1989 sells 1.287M records and pulls her back catalog off Spotify (because money) which prompts this twit to attack Spotify for wanting to better serve their customers. (Snob.) This guy got a better deal for buying the CD from Amazon and, despite the title, this guy admits vinyl is inferior. Fortunately there's help for this:
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is canceled. Try and be strong, America.
- Some people finally noticed that Lena Dunham wrote about her sexually molesting her sister in her autobiography, Weighing My Privilege. (Actual title probably different.) She threatens to sue sites for quoting WHAT SHE WROTE; "apologized" and got the support of the victim whom she'd dressed up as a "Hell's Angel sex property" when she was 5-years-old (the sister, not Lena); was criticized by both conservative-leaning sites and rabid man-hating radical feminist Samantha Allen (yes, the misandrist from earlier in the show); canceled book tour dates and was reminded that suing won't get her off the hook.
- AC/DC's drummer charged with procuring murder, but shortly after the show taping, the charges were dropped.
- Amazon Prime unlimited photo storage in cloud, is sitting on $83M of Fire phones (but still developing 2nd gen), and introduced the Fire TV Stick, a competitor to Chromecast and Roku Stick.
- Android Lollipop pushed to AOSP, but updates for older Nexuses delayed until 11/12. A good overview Lollipop review at Engadget.
- Nexus 9 disappointing in reviews and the Nexus 6 keeps selling out instantly.
- OnePlus One has sold 500K phones, but only makes $10 profit on each according to this Forbes piece.
- Next-gen (PC/PS4/XBone) Grand Theft Auto V will have a first-person mode! Look how shiny and rad this looks:
- "The Crazy Journey to Save Grim Fandango" (written by Nathan Grayson!)
- We close with some cool Google Now voice commands including Bacon Numbers.
- The Kirsten Dunst picture we were looking at: