Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Anal Sneaker Fiends" or "Muppet Tampon" or "Porn Doesn't Judge Me"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Jim Beam with a splash of Diet Mountain Dew (Otto).
- The heat is off in the Fortress of Dirkitude.
- Recapping the free goodies our FaceSpace fans. Go give us a Like to get in on the goodie opportunities!
- Dirk buys a new gaming mouse. What he had; what he bought first; what he ended up with. (And possibly a way to clean the old "broken" one!) Also: New video card!
- A failtastic edition of "How Much Did Dirk Pay?"
- Krysten Ritter officially cast in Marvel’s AKA Jessica Jones.
- Bernadette Cumberbund is Doctor Strange which naturally leads into a deep discussion of VeggieTales. Wait, what?
- Anti-violence ads and how we look to celebrities to guide us in our lives.
- SyFy's Krypton series by David Goyer about Superman’s grandfather is announced and sounds like a bad idea, so we discuss Caprica and Battlestar Galactica instead and how the latter is based on Mormonism. Wait, what?!?
- Continuum renewed for a final six-episode season to prep it for Netflix posterity.
- The condo from Orphan Black in Toronto:
- Dueling covers!
- Roberto Orci isn't directing the next Star Trek movie. Try to be strong.
- "The Dinker" in action!
- Dirk read a book!
- High school teachers with corduroy jackets and the fashions of the Seventies.
- Ugh. Christopher Nolan reportedly offered Ready Player One - really fun book...
...and how terrible an idea that is.
- The Terminator Genisys trailer...
...and Nike reran the original sneakers from the first one. ADD LINK
- Coulson's Thor line is the button of this ad:
- A very good explication of why Jackie Chan's Asian movies are better than his American films:
The referenced gag reel credits:
- Dirk's growing boredom at the aggressive stupidity of action films especially the "Romeo and Juliet laws" aspect of Transformers: Marky Mark Goes To China.
- The Reebok "Alien Fighter Shoes" from Aliens:
- The Back to the Future II fundraising Nikes.
- Michael J. Fox's career because why not?
- The Hottie Terminator scene referenced:
- Claire Holt of The Originals tests for the Supergirl series (unlikely to get it) and why they can crank out hours and hours of comic book TV stories compared to the movies.
- HBO’s standalone service coming in April maybe.
- The Pirate Bay - pretty much the populizers of casual piracy - is down after being raided, possibly for good.
- Dirk reviews Captain Phillips and Snowpiercer.
- #GamerGate recap block:
- FTC clarifies rules about ad links.
- Milo Yiannopoulos about how anti-GG blocklist labels Kentucky Fried Chicken a "harasser"; the damage it did to the reputation of the Independent Game Developers Association; Newsweak's (deliberate typo) whitewashing and usual lying about it and how Reddit's Kotaku In Action sub dealt with it.
- Dirk gets censored and banned from The Mary Sue for attempting to bring truth to the hugbox of otherkin lies. The deleted posts here were his.
- Milo's EPIC takedown of Bloomberg's hagiographic wet kiss of a profile of Prom Queen Sarkeesian. A MUST READ!
- Angela Bassett in Strange Days:
- Anti-GG calls for punishing a female dev for supporting GG. KiA reax.
- The dev who wanted to deny Steam keys to his customers of they supported GG.
- Internet Aristocrat packs it in prompting responses from Mundane Matt and Sargon.
- #FullMcIntosh's self-hating beta men group babble in 25 Invisible Benefits of Gaming While Male (not embedding video because we can't afford to replace punched monitors) and the great point by point reply from TG gamer calling out BS.
- The Entertainment Weekly story...
...and the Kotaku In Action thread discussing it.
- The story of "Unchained Melody" - FACT CHECK: Bing Crosby turned the song down.
- Grand Theft Auto V is banned from Target and Kmart in Australia. Take-Two's CEO's reaction.
- The collapse of Lena Dunham's and Rolling Stone's rape stories. (There will be more on this in the next episode.)
- Stuff & Nonsense: Avril LaVigne health issues; RIP Ken Weatherwax (Pugsly from The Addams Family); Happy 38th Anniversary to Dirk's cousin.