Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Dueling Asses At Ten Paces"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk & Bob); Royal Ballslap (Otto).
- Greetings to new FaceSpace Likers and the freebies and bargain deals they got and mop-up from last episode.
- Charlie Sheen has the HIV and blames "insipid women" for his poor lifestyle choices.
- Adele's 25 is selling a few copies.
- Discussion of how the move away from physical media to digital affects collectors.
- Referenced: The Google Play Music Pixies Radio station.
- First Music Break: Iron Maiden vs. The Monkees: "The Trooper Believer" (Audio mix by DJ Schmolli)
- Otto's lengthy travelogue of going to the San Jose Heroes & Villains FanFest.
- Referenced: Local travelogue host George Pierrot. More on the World Adventure Series.
- Referenced: The gallery of photos from Furious 7 where Paul Walker was included via VFX.
- Dirk's brief recap of his trip to the Lakehouse Inn & Winery (view of the shore)...
...the shopping letdowns, the cat in the Geneva Public Library...
...and his first time at Waffle House where he ate:
- Referenced: Chef Anthony Bourdain at Waffle House.
- Referenced: Winchester Mystery House.
- Second Music Break: Neil Cicierega, "Crocodile Chop" (mashup of Elton John vs. System of a Down)
- Justin Bieber breaks 51-year-old chart record held by The Beatles.
- Dirk isn't watching Supergirl anymore.
- Netflix to reboot Lost In Space prompting a comparison of Lacey Chabert in the movie at age 14...
...and at 31 a couple years ago:
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 is doing a Kickstarter and Felicia Day will be the Mad Scientist.
- The new Legends of Tomorrow trailer:
- Talk about The Walking Dead, Into The Badlands and Jessica Jones.
- The Widow from Into The Badlands:
- We crown Krysten Ritter the new THE Official Girlfriend of the Culture Vultures:
- Former THE OGFotCV J.Law has to settle with being Entertainment Weekly's Entertainer of the Year 2015:
(Just a while ago, we would've been so stoked for this.)
- The Verge demands that Iron Fist not be true to the comics and thus not cast a white guy because diversity.
- Referenced: Mini-fedoras for the man bun.
- Fat, stupid, mangina Arthur Chu says Jessica Jones is about #GamerGate. He's a retard.
- Selfie sticks and Asians making peace signs.
- Third Music Break: "Lady Judas" (Lady Gaga vs Judas Priest Mashup by Wax Audio); DMX Reading Rainbow Remix
- Fant Four Stic 2 removed from Fox release schedule.
- Referenced: The supercut of all the trailer/commercial footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens (unfortunately, this doesn't include the Thanksgiving ad featuring Kylo Ren):
And the first scene put out (if you can call 15 seconds a scene):
- The Darth Vader toaster:
- Prometheus sequel Alien: Paradise Lost is now Alien: Covenant.
- Memento may be getting remade and Otto and Bob have never seen the original.
- Dirk reviews Trainwreck and how feminists are unhappy with it.
- Referenced: Amy Schumer's "Last F*ckable Day" sketch (uncensored):
- Dirk reviews the stage version of Jersey Boys.
- RIP: P.F. Sloan (songwriter of “Eve of Destruction” and “Secret Agent Man”) and Michael Gross, designer of the Ghostbusters log.
- Unused Alternate Titles: "Generation X: We Hate You Millennials" or "Heaven On A Stick" or "Then The Monkey Flips The Switch" or "A Cultural Pinata" or "The Jody Watley of Drunk Blonde Comediennes"