Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Always Be Our Hatchet Face"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Blue (Dirk), Cap'n Otto (Captain Morgan's Clear White Rum and juice of choice) (Otto)
- Referenced: About the "bubble quiz" which tests how isolated elites are from ordinary Americans.
- Greeting to new FaceSpace Likers, Mourad Espris and Michela Yacobelli, and the freebies and deals they get.
- Recapping the Dally In The Alley, the weather and the lovely ladies.
- First Music Break: David Bowie, "Real Cool World"
- Our bête noire, Lena Dunham, had another of her entitled spoiled brat tantrums about how no one likes her because she's fat and totally not because of her entitled spoiled brat personality and we talk about it. Yay.
- Referenced: The episode where we discussed the Met Gala: Episode #124 - "Culture Vultures: Civil War"
- Second Music Break: Electronic, "Disappointed"
- Denis Leary's Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll has been cancelled, depriving us all of more Elizabeth Gilles and Elaine Hendrix hawtness:
- Premiere of Star Trek Discovery has been delayed until May 2017.
- io9 - "CBS and Paramount Royally Screwed Up Star Trek's 50th Anniversary"
- Referenced: Christopher Eccleston regrets quitting Doctor Who after one season.
- Fact Check for Episode #135: Vincent D'Onofrio was Thor in Adventures In Babysitting, not Michael Biehn as Otto said.
- Kirstie Alley is joining the cast of Scream Queens.
- Narcos has been picked up for two more seasons.
- Bloodlines ending after 3rd season.
- Collider says Luke Cage is good.
- Netflix Original movie ARQ is out now:
- South Park is back for its 20th season and still has it, but we totally forgot to talk about the revelation that Issac Hayes didn't quit the show himself, but someone quit for him.
- Dirk reviews Supernatural S11.
- Third Music Break: Future Sound of London, "Papua New Guinea" (7" Original Mix)
- Joe Manganiello cast as Deathstroke in the Batfleck movie.
- Dirk's upcoming music gigs which are why there will be no Sept. 23, 2016 episode (and possibly no Sept. 30 show).
- Referenced: The Sofia Vergara Escalade ad...
...and the Justice tune, "Genesis", it popularized:
- Warner Bros. had their own sites blocked due to piracy.
- Referenced: The "advertiser friendly" video from Spectre Sound Studios:
- A Warcraft sequel, if made, may not be released in North America.
- The latest Tony Zhou Every Frame A Painting series video talking about bland Marvel movie music and the scourge of temp tracks:
- Dirk finally got Dr. Strangelove for free from Big Food Store! Yay!
- Alan Moore is retiring from doing comics.
- South Park game The Fractured But Whole (say it fast) has been delayed until Q1 2017.
- The PS4 Pro is announced and is a damp squib with the fatal omission of UHD BD support.
- Bioware showed boring gameplay from Mass Effect Andromeda, but is having a contest to win a voice acting role in the game.
- Nvidia's GeForce Experience 3.0 software has come out of beta and people hate it.
- Why PC gaming is a better value than consoles.
- Dirk's NEW new video card:
- Mr. Robot is really up its own butt about now.
- This is a thing:
- People are streaming the heck out of Nelly tunes to help his IRS troubles.
- Lady Gaga's new album, Joanne, has been announced.
- RIP: Transgender actress Alexis Arquette and Kim "Hatchet Face" McGuire from Cry-Baby.
- Is Taylor Swift a clone of the leader of the Church of Satan?!?
(Taylor is on the left.)