Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Claws & Meowing" or "Patriarchy Pays Well For You"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Blue (Dirk); Panty Dropper (Otto)
- Intro banter and list of freebies for our FaceSpace Likers.
- Mop-Up: Sarah Polley's documentary about discovering who her biological father was, Stories Will Tell (Amazon Prime Video link).
- Talk about Super Bowl LI (that's 51, not lie) and this referenced meme:
- Referenced: The Know Your Meme page for I Should Buy A Boat Cat.
- Discussion of Lady Gaga's Halftime Show and how Leftist SJWs were outraged over her not making a political spectacle of it. About the pre-taped drones. Haters called her fat and she responded.
- The lackluster and offensive Super Bowl commercials - though the referenced Melissa McCarthy advert was funny:
...the risible Audi commercial was both premised on the wage gap myth (video featuring Based Mom!) and accidentally debunked by Audi before it ran.
- Peter Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who at the end of 2017.
- Orphan Black's final season starts on June 10, 2017 and the trailer for Tatiana Maslany's nudity-including Two Lovers and a Bear:
- Referenced: The trailer for The Beguiled, the latest Sofia Coppola movie:
...which is apparently a remake of this 1971 Clint Eastwood flick which looks spectacularly cheesy:
- Hulu has announced the cast of its Runaways series and here's a hint as to who Dirk likes:
Lyrica Okano as Nico Minuro
- The first full Iron Fist trailer:
- The excellent People vs. O.J. Simpson miniseries is now on Netflix (link to page). Watch it!
- Initial thoughts on Santa Clarita Diet.
- Why we're highly unlikely to ever get Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager in HD and Dirk's suggestion that crowd-funding is entirely possible.
- First Music Break: The Refreshments, "Banditos":
Bonus live version referenced:
- The Aquaman movie has cast its Black Manta.
- Ben Affleck has stepped back from directing The Batman.
- The video alleging abuse of pooches in making A Dog's Purpose appears to be deceptively edited.
- First set photos of Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider reboot.
- The awesome new one-sheet for Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2:
And the original teaser referenced:
- Dirk reviews Arrival, La La Land, Hidden Figures and iBoy.
- Referenced: Emma Stone on Broadway in Cabaret singing the title tune:
- Referenced: The Music Video Sins for Hailee Steinfeld's "Starving":
- Second Music Break: Bis, "Tell It To The Kids"
- Aretha Franklin announces her retirement.
- Chicago music club Double Door closes.
- Dirk's theory on what would make Sleater-Kinney better than Sonic Youth. The referenced "Rock Lobster" video:
Bonus complete concert video; jump to 7:12 to hear a song contrasting Carrie's singing with Corin's:
- Dirk rants about how a Young Fresh Fellows/The Minus 5 double album is unavailable to stream.
- Fallout 4 is getting an official high-resolution texture package that weighs a 58GB!
- Vizio settles suit that they were spying on viewing habits, but we got new Vizio TVs anyway.
- RIP: Mike Connors (Mannix); Barbara Hale (Della Street on Perry Mason); John Hurt; John Wetton (bassist from Asia and King Crimson); Professor Irwin Corey; Richard Hatch (both Battlestar Galactica shows).
- Nicolas Cage showed up at the Caged IV marathon of his movies and read Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart.
- A Cheeto that looks like Harambe gets a huge eBay bid.
- The Jerry Maguire video store.
Unused Alternate Titles: "Got My Finger On Something" or "A Copacetic Union of Amazingness" or "You Will Die Like Wile E. Coyote" or "Higher Walls, Less Bud Light" or "New Year's Eve With Squares" or "Subtle Yet Awesome" or "The Monster Should Be Barb" or "Where's Your Screener Now?" or "SebaD'OH!" or "Felt Like Rage Shopping" or "Beyond Spinal Tap Black"