Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Hots For Viggo" or "Russian Mojito"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice and Blue (Dirk); Panty Dropper (Otto)
- Greets to new FaceSpace Likers and the free stuff they got tipped to.
- Mop-up from previous episodes.
- Discussion of the new Edgar Wright movie, Baby Driver, and how Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, intended to make Michael Cera a huge star ended up killing his career.
- Dirk reviews Circus 1903 and mentions a deal that happened.
- Fappening 2.0 is a thing that apparently is happening but we totally didn't look at the pictures in order to talk about them at length.
- Fact Check: The guitarist for X who played on Hey Zeus! was Tony Gilkyson.
- First Music Break: X, "Country At War"
- Game of Thrones S7 premiere date announced and teases of what's coming (along with winter).
- Saturday Night Live will air live on the West Coast for four episodes.
- First look at Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt from the upcoming Netflix MST3K series and 20 old episodes are now up on Netflix.
- Early Iron Fist reviews are negative and star Finn Jones shouldn't do PR.
- Referenced: Iron Fist's Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing) as she appeared as Nymeria Sand on Game of Thrones:
- Netflix is doing away with star ratings in favor of a binary thumbs up/down arrangement.
- Referenced: The Boston girl orgasm bit from Ted:
- Amy Schumer's new Netflix special is getting negative reviews, so it's Trump's fault, of course.
- SNL's Pete Davidson is getting sober.
- Star Trek Discovery names Jason Issacs as its captain.
- Second Music Break: X, "New Life"
- Our spoiler-free review of Kong: Skull Island.
- How they created the X-Men comics for Logan.
- The Deadpool 2 teaser that precedes Logan and the differences between the online and theatrical versions:
- Thor Ragnarok preview photos and hawt Cate Blanchett:
- Venom movie announced and Aquaman release date shifted.
- Edward James Olmos confirms he's got a scene in Blade Runner 2049.
- The voice cast of the original 1995 Ghost in the Shell anime will be dubbing the live-action 2017 ScarJo version.
- Snowflakes hijack the promotional Ghost in the Shell meme maker to snowflake.
- Referenced: The video of how the Major's thermoptic camouflage suit:
- Third Music Break: X, "Clean Like Tomorrow"
- Dirk's not going to NXNE again. Boo!
- A quick review of Detroiters which is best appreciated by the same. (After taping, it was renewed for a 2nd season.)
- Samuel L. Jackson has a problem with black actors from England taking roles from American black actors, prompting pushback from The Force Awakens John Boyega and the star of Get Out, Daniel Kaluuya, that prompted SLJ's outburst which is reminiscent of the time he said he wouldn't work with rappers-turned-actors.
- Fact Check: The "I can't stop saying bro, bro." line is from a "Meathead Rob Lowe" DirecTV commercial.
- Rumors that Warner Bros. wants to reboot The Matrix series indicates creativity is dead. The referenced list of supposedly lame TV series connected to films.
- Otto rants against St. Patrick's Day amateurs.
- The amazeballs Atomic Blonde trailer is raved over:
...and Wonder Woman's new trailer:
...and Movie Bob's worry piece are talked up.
- Dirk reviews Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream. (Forgot to mention it scored 8/10, catch it on cable - it's on Starz.)
- Fourth Music Break: X, "Lettuce & Vodka"
- A lengthy full-spoiler discussion of Logan.
- Fifth Music Break: X, "Baby You Lied"
- The Playstation 4 update to 4.50 brings new features.
- Mass Effect Andromeda has wildly mixed-to-negative pre-release buzz.
- RIP: TCM host Robert Osborne.
- Catching up with the cover model for Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream & Other Delights - you know the one, it looked like this:
...and some outtakes from that shoot.
- What does a movie theater not need but is happening anyway? A playground in the theater.
- Original artwork from Pink Floyd's The Wall is up for sale.
- Arrow and Teen Wolf star Colton Haynes is engaged to his boyfriend.
- One of the Mustang's used in Bullit and thought lost forever has been found.
- Want 24 hours of ambient spaceship sound effects? Click here and start opening more tabs.
- The crazy Leningrad (the band, not city) music videos that are backwards, but also work forwards.
- Siberian tigers in a Chinese zoo vs. a drone....WHO YA GOT?!
- Tinder Select: For the super attractive and rich like Otto.
- What happens when a French man uses his wife's phone to call an Uber to visit his mistress? A: This.
- Kentucky cop cars had Punisher logos on their hoods.
- Punk band singer gives himself a chocolate Muscle Milk enema on stage with predictable terrible results.
- Hilarious stun knuckles review on Amazon.