Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Titles: "Can't Stop Crying Long Enough To Jerk Off" or "Tonto-Speaking Dumpster People" or "Trying To Protect My Fellow Monkey Chums" or "The Final Gong"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Panty Dropper (Otto)
- A 9-1/2 minute intro from Dirk explaining why the podcast was nearly three months after the show's air date and whether there is a future for CVR.
- Greets to new FaceSpace Likers and the free stuff they got for checking the page.
- Peter Jackson's muddled post-LOTR career.
- Starcraft Remastered announced and the original game is now free.
- In 12-1/2 mins we talk about gaming monitors and their different tech to Real Genius to Square Pegs to Johnny Slash's connection to Star Trek, back to the monitor to the bad one to going to Big Food and then buying Blu-rays then on to Rent.
- Referenced: Dirk's broken monitor.
- Referenced: "Lemmy is God" bit from Airheads:
- Why Rent is overrated. Dirk's DVD review and obligatory Team America clip:
- Articles about why sensible people now take issue with the show and how Benny isn't the villain, but actually the only decent character. (And these are from liberal sites!)
- Referenced: The bit (cued up) from "Are You OK, Honey?" with the lines about having AIDS from out of nowhere and the complete show:
- The passing of rock Titan Chuck Berry provides this week's musical theme. NPR article about his posthumous album release. Dirk's review of Hail, Hail, Rock & Roll!
- First Music Break: Chuck Berry, "Big Boys" and "Too Much Monkey Business"
- Otto gives a history lesson about and reviews Power Rangers.
- Dirk reviews Assassin's Creed, Patriot's Day and Kung Fury which you can watch in its entirety here:
- Otto reviews USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage and USS Indianapolis: The Legacy, available here on Amazon Prime.
- Second Music Break: Chuck Berry, "Sweet Little Sixteen" and "You Can't Catch Me"
- Referenced: Fake Criterion covers.
- Dirk revisits the original Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu-ray and finds it doesn't live up to its acclaim. Also, snowflakes continue to haz a sad about "whitewashing."
- Referenced: The Brenda Song photo that melted the snowflakes on Reddit:
- Third Music Break: Chuck Berry, "Back In The USA"
- Joss Whedon tapped to write and direct a Batgirl movie.
- Trailer talk with Justice League
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
War for the Planet of the Apes
- Referenced: The jump from Underworld:
- Fourth Music Break: Chuck Berry, "Roll Over Beethoven" and "Rock & Roll Music"
- Miscellaneous TV show talk.
- The Walking Dead's Ross Marquand's amazeballs impressions:
- All the Superhero Cafe tags from the How It Should've Ended series:
- Wired's history of TV title sequences:
- Otto reviews Iron Fist and his response to the suggestion that Colleen Wing should've been the Iron Fist.
- Fifth Music Break: Chuck Berry, "You Never Can Tell" and "School Days"
- Destiny 2 announced.
- The crappy deals of the Square Enix surprise bundles and why you shouldn't get them.
- Mass Effect Andromeda is out and a buggy mess with broken animations and needing a bunch of changes.
- File under "DUH!!!": Microsoft admits they blew the launch of the Xbox One. Ya think?!
- RIP: Gong Show creator Chuck Barris (which made Buckcherry fans suddenly realize that's how they got the name), also memorialized at Splitsider; Swamp Thing creator Bernie Wrightson; Detroit's remodeling kingpin of the Seventies and Eighties, Maurice "Bud" Lezell (bka "Mr. Belvedere").
- Congrats to local musicians Jennie Knaggs and Nick Schillace on their baby.
- Mop-Up from prior episodes.
- All-time Wheel of Fortune fail!
- Corridor Digital's Nerf John Wick:
- Cosmopolitan says that pleasing women is sexism.
- Emmy Rossum's house got burgled.
- Shia LaBeef's anti-Trump "art" thing trolled by 4chan.