Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "More Like Doctor WHOA, Amirite?"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); OttoPilot (Jim Beam & Diet Mountain Dew - Otto)
- Announcing our move to the Podcast Detroit network and introducing ourselves to the new audience.
- Announcing our Patreon page where listeners can support us and get access to our new post-credits show, Tinfoil Swan, where excess material that we couldn't fit in the new shorter show will be.
- Mop-up explaining the actual legitimate reason for Doctor Strange's rotating watch drawer.
- O.J. Simpson paroled from prison to resume his search for the real killers.
- Thanks to listener Anguis Viridis whose kind letter contributed to our decision to soldiering on and trying to grow the show.
- Our #GamerGate Episode Guide and the Culture Vultures Lexicon which explains some of inside jokes and references new listeners may be unfamiliar with.
- First Music Break: Material Issue, "Diane"
- Naming the charities a portion of your Patreon donations go to: Hater Kitty Rescue Army and Brother Joe Youth & Street Ministry.
- Referenced: Otto's hefty pug reminds Dirk of the Houndeyes from Half-Life.
- Game of Thrones is back and the Internet has made a supercut of the previous 150,966 deaths in the first six seasons:
- YouTube TV has expanded into 15 cities for cable cutters to get their TV.
- Jodie Whittaker has been named as the 13th Doctor in the upcoming season of Doctor Who and two of the previous Doctors clash about a woman being cast.
- Chris Hemsworth says James Bond should be female, specifically Charlize Theron.
- The voice of Kermit the Frog for 27 years was fired and Brian Henson says he regrets not firing him 13 years earlier.
- Netflix reports people have watched a half-billion hours of Adam Sandler movies. Yay, human race. Great job!
- Reed Hastings, boss of Netflix, celebrates 100M subscribers with a steak at Denny's.
- Referenced: Supertrain (which wasn't a Glen Larson creation as we thought):
Have you heard of any of these actors other than Robert Alda?
- Netflix's challenges in moving into theatrical films, the bizarre laws governing movies and streaming in France, and uptight buggy whip aficionado Christopher Nolan bashing them as enemies of movie theaters.
- The full trailer for Bright, Netflix's big Will Smith cops-and-fantasy-creatures movie:
- Second Music Break: Material Issue, "Renee Remains The Same"
- Daniel Day-Lewis announces he's retiring from acting after his next film drops.
- M.Rod threatens to quit the Fast & Furious series unless women get more to do.
- Correction: Nathalie Emmanuel was introduced in Fast & Furious 7, not 6, where she looked like this:
- Jude Law to play young Dumbledore in the next Fantastic Beasts movie.
- Referenced: The D23 BTS teaser reel for Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
- Standalone "Young Han Solo" movie directors, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, sacked and replaced by Ron Howard.
- Rogue One is on Netflix now, but being hidden for many users.
- The latest trailers for Blade Runner 2049 and Kingsman: The Golden Circle:
- Dirk reviews War for the Planet of the Apes and Baby Driver (starring Lily James who looks like):
- Full spoiler discussion of Spider-Man: Homecoming including the factually-challenged bit about the Washington Monument.
- Quick thoughts on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Wonder Woman.
- Referenced: The intro credit parodies of Guardians 2 that James Gunn recommended.
- RIP: Night of the Living Dead filmmaker George Romero; Mission: Impossible, Space 1999 star and Ed Wood Oscar-winner Martin Landau; OG Batman Adam West; Lafayette on True Blood, Nelsan Ellis; Mrs. Stan Lee, Joan Lee (Kevin Smith's reminiscence of interviewing them); Soundgarden/Audioslave singer Chris Cornell (which prompted nutty conspiracy theories); Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington (who killed himself on Cornell's birthday).
- Darwin Works: 19-year-old girl accidentally kills boyfriend filming YouTube stunt.
- French Instagram model killed by exploding whipped cream dispenser.
- Carrie Fisher's toxicology report finally reveals she was on most of the drugs when she died, but we still have her appearance on Laverne & Shirley:
- Harrison Ford escapes punishment for flying while old.
- Crystal clear HD video footage of NYC in 1993.
- The Liquor Control Board of Ontario recalled gin for having too much alcohol. Those monsters!
- Explanation of the TFS numbering format.
- Mop-up about Dirk's gaming monitor for even less than his already Bargain Ninja® deal and why he no longer recommends YouTuber Lily Singh after her racist rant:
- Black Lives Matter spokesman DeRay McKesson had a meltdown, claiming racism, over a character in War for the Planet of the Apes wearing a blue vest.
- Idiot hacks imagine racism about the lack of Asian actors in the new Murder on the Orient Express movie and are triggered by the lack of women and people of color in Dunkirk, the WWII movie about English soldiers in France fleeing Germans in exclusively white-on-white violence.
- Referenced: The Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle trailer:
- Dirk reviews the flop ScarJo in the Shell, The Fate of the Furious, Alien: Covenant.
- Otto reviews Transformers: The Last Knight
- Dirk reviews Colossal, Saving Banksey, Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?, Get Out.
- The pandering to Chinese audiences with new Transformers movie may be backfiring.
- A DC-Loony Tunes mashup comic book of Martian Manhunter and Marvin the Martian is a thing.
- RIP: Ikutaro Kakehashi; Dorothy Mengering (David Letterman’s mom); J. Giels; Charlie Murphy; Allan Holdsworth; Erin Moran; Jonathan Demme; Michael Parks; Powers Boothe Roger Moore (cool story we mentioned); Dina Merrill; Lisa Spoonauer; Greg Allman; Glenne Headly; Steven Furst; Michael Nyqvist.
Patreon Roll Call: Ron Serafin,