Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "So This Is What Getting Through The Checklist Sounds Like"
- Tonight's beverages: Simple Times Lager and Redds Apple Ale.
- The loathsome hotness of Gwyneth Paltrow is beaten upon at length. Probably too much length.
- Her Iron Man 3 premiere dress:
- How Gwennie compares to Angelina Jolie and Faruza Balk crops up.
- The sincerity gap between Anne "Yummy Girl" Hathaway and J.Law and whether Megan Fox has a toe for a thumb. Wait, what?
- Speed round of "Who's hot?" and the benefits of looking like Chris Cornell.
- Music by The Heavy.
- The premise of the upcoming movie The Purge is debated. The trailer:
- The trailer for Elysium sets off discussion of how District 9 succeeded where Avatar failed at an allegorical storytelling. That trailer:
- The lack of shiny in sci-fi and trying to figure out where things changed. We've tackled this subject before in this episode of The Dirk & McHatin Show which shows that tangents and digressions have been a feature (not a bug) of our schtick since forever.
- The movie Mimic is quickly reviewed.
- Music by Living Color & RUN-DMC and Mudhoney & Sir Mix-A-Lot.
- McHatin gets his hate on for new SyFy series Defiance which prompts Dirk to rant about how sci-fi needs to stop being Westerns and how the up-front emphasis on cowboys in space wrecked Firefly, contra every other nerd in the world. (They're wrong.)
- A cool zombie-themed charity event happening May 4 is mentioned.
- The closing themes from Portal and Portal 2.
- Rumors and FUD surrounding the next Xbox, the downside of having a mandatory Kinnect, the (Dirk says) myth of some guy having sex while gaming, and the problems of mandatory always-online connection are kicked about.
- A pair of tunes by the Divinyls to mark the passing of the inimitable Christina Amphlett.