Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Alternate Title: "Sharing An Armrest With Strangers"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice (Dirk); Ottopilot (Otto).
- Greetings to new FaceSpace Likers and the freebies/deals they got.
- It's mostly Star Wars talk as we open with trying to avoid spoilers.
- Lucasfilm invited fans waiting in line to see the premiere.
- Referenced: Us on the Centennial Vulture:
- First Music Break: The Ramones, "Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio"; The Knack, "My Sharona"
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees for 2015. Our discussion when the nominees were announced for 2015. Chicanery in the fan vote?
- T.Swizzle's tour documentary to be an Apple Music exclusive.
- Reminiscing about seeing the OG Star Wars in 1977.
- Referenced: The Burger Chef poster Otto got:
- Referenced: The Americana Theatre, where Dirk first saw Star Wars and the Northland Theater where he saw it many times; the Beacon East, where Otto did.
- A digression into Otto's mistaken belief that Sidney Sheldon was James Michener.
- Referenced: Approximately where Dirk lived in 1977 as it's been for at least a decade.
- The SNL ad spoofing adult nerd toy collection:
- Referenced: The blue Snaggletooth cantina figure (#5 at link) Dirk has.
- Referenced: Kathleen Kennedy's spooky connections to George Lucas and J.J. Abrams.
- Otto rages against Lost again.
- Second Music Break: Cheap Trick, "I Want You To Want Me"; Ian Gomm, "Hold On"
- Willard Scott is retiring after a 65-year career. Be strong.
- The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Kickstarter campaign did quite well.
- Discussion of the notorious Star Wars Holiday Special and The Ewok Movie.
- 16 new titles added to Xbox One backwards compatibility.
- The woman running Microsoft Gaming Studios.
- Hideo Kojima barred by Konami from accepting awards, but he's got a new gig now with a (hopefully) more appreciative master.
- Third Music Break: Blondie, "One Way Or Another"; Pat Benatar, "We Live For Love"
- Trailers discussed:
The controversial Star Trek Beyond teaser that forced the director to go out and try to chill out the fans:
The Wrath of Khan mashup:
- Dirk reviews Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films (Netflix link)
- MSNBC idiot Melissa Harris-Perry thinks Star Wars is racist because she's a moron.
- Fourth Music Break: M, "Pop Muzik"; Cooper Carter, "Star Wars Theme (Guitar Orchestra)"
- Our spoiler-free initial reactions to seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Daisy Ridley is going to be a star:
- Dirk vs. a Rocky Horror Picture Show-challenged younger person.