Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "The Apocalypse Is Back On Schedule" or "Lick That Asshole, Tyrese!" or "Snap Into A Parademon!" or "We're Handing Out Rats"
- Tonight's Beverages: Labatt Ice & Zywiec (Dirk); Autopilot (Otto); Zywiec (Bob)
- Otto gets a kitteh named Ghost!
- Recapping the Big 80s Flashback Bash which saw Otto joining Dirk's band.
- A pitch for our Patreon.
- Matthew Vaughn (director of the Kingsman films) cut anti-Trump jokes from the sequel to not needlessly antagonize half the audience.
- Disney CEO spared punishment for Trump-bashing race-baiting ESJWPN host Jamele Harris, but she finally managed to get suspended by calling for advertiser boycotts.
- Kate Winslet joining the Avatar sequels.
- The Rock announces a Hobbs movie and throws shade at Vin Diesel.
- A scene tying the original Flatliners to its remake/reboot/retread was cut because kids.
- How Wonder Woman has changed DC's movies strategy.
- Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy director Gore Verbinski in talks to helm the forever-threatened Channing Tateyum Gambit flick.
- Trailers for Replicas:
Pacific Rim: Uprising:
Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
- Dirk's spoiler-free review of Blade Runner 2049.
- First Music Break: The Gaslight Anthem, "Refugee" (Tom Petty cover)
- Bob "I'm Gonna Kill Somebody" drops in for the rest of the show.
- RIP: Tom Petty.
- We run down the 2018 nominees for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and make our predictions, picks and pans.
- Fact Check: Depeche Mode's Violator album came out in March 1990.
- Referenced: Video for Dire Straits' "Twisting By The Pool" and "Badges, Posters, Stickers and T-Shirts"
- Referenced: Tarantino's rant from Sleep With Me about the gay subtext in Top Gun:
- Referenced: How Radiohead's Thom Yorke reminds Dirk of Martin Short's Jackie Rogers, Jr. character.
- Our predictions for who will be inducted:
• Dirk: Radiohead, Nina Simone, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, maybe Judas Priest or Rage Against The Machine (for RESISTance value). Pissed if Rage or MC5 gets in.
• Otto: Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, Depeche Mode, J. Giels, Sister Rosetta Tharp. Anger pick is Bon Jovi.
• Bob: The Cars, LL Cool J, Moody Blues, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Bon Jovi. Pissed if Radiohead.
• Hermione: J. Geils Band, MC5, Link Wray, Rufus, Bon Jovi. Alternates are Dire Straits and Moody Blues
- Second Music Break: Stevie Nicks, "Free Fallin'" (Tom Petty cover)
- Netflix is raising its prices and how cord cutting is getting as expensive having cable.
- A David S. Pumpkins Halloween special is going to be a thing.
- Formerly Pretty Little Liar Shay Mitchell has a new show coming. Gratuitous photo of Shay time!
- Ser Davos spills when the final season of Game of Thrones is due to start shooting.
- First meager trailer for Hulu's Marvel's Runaways series:
- Comparing and contrasting Inhumans vs. The Gifted and The Orville and Star Trek: Discovery.
- Referenced: The sci-fi comedy Quark, which actually aired its pilot (embedded below) three weeks before Star Wars came out. (Series was picked up and cancelled after 8 episodes in early 1978)
- STD producers say to stick with it, it'll get more familiarly Trekky eventually.
- Third Music Break: Everclear, "Won't Back Down" (Tom Petty cover)
- Google announces new gizmos and Pixel phones without a headphone jack (boo!) and high prices (BOO!), but these Pixel Buds which act like a Star Trek Universal Translator are kinda cool.
- Android Authority - "Why having no headphone jack is a bad idea."(Their opposing viewpoint.)
- RIP: Let's Make A Deal creator Monty Hall; Playboy founder Hugh Hefner (prompting our first Playboy encounters). Dirk's first issue:
- Margot Robbie talks Halloween costumes.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin,