Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Super-Shame Me" or "88% of Something" or "T. Rex Machina" or "Penelope Tonto & the Heapsters"
- Tonight's Beverages: Water (Dirk); Black Cherry Jim Beam (Otto)
- Opening boilerplate to encourage subscriptions and the benefits of FaceSpace Likes and Twitter follows like tons of free PC games.
- Referenced: The "Ziggy Piggy" scene from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure:
- Mop-up items from previous episode.
- Zoe Bell came out of stunt retirement to double Cate Blanchett in Thor: Ragnarok.
- What we're doing with our charitable donation from our Patreon receipts and how the controversial changes Patreon had announced were now not happening.
- Dirk's Tales of the Bargain Ninja® as he recounts his Black Friday exploits. Here's his haul:
19 BDs, 9 UHDs, 2 TV seasons BDs, 5 Xbox One, 4 PS4 games = $211. With Gamefly and Target buys, he picked up 12 games which would've cost $720 new for $98. Patience saves $$$$$$$!!!
- RIP Smithereens leader Pat DiNizio.
- First Music Break: The Smithereens, "Behind the Wall of Sleep"
- Bryan Singer fired from the Freddie Mercury biopic.
- The lightning speed with which Ridley Scott replaced Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer for All the Money in the World. Both versions of the trailer:
- YouTube channel Every Frame A Painting announces they're packing it in.
- The hilarious deconstruction of Jurassic World and how it pales compared to Aliens:
- Movie trailers on parade with Avengers: Infinity War:
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom:
Alita: Battle Angel:
Referenced: The Graham Norton Show segment about Amanda Seyfried's eyes:
Ready Player One:
The Easter Egg breakdown video:
Black Panther international trailer:
- Second Music Break: The Smithereens, "House That We Used To Live In"
- Our full-spoiler talk about Justice League.
- Fact Check: The director of The Last Seduction and Red Rock West is John Dahl.
- Dirk's rapid reviews of Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond, Hired Gun - Otto's thoughts on Family Band: The Cowsills Story (Amazon Prime link) - The Hitman’s Bodyguard, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, and Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
- Referenced: The opening sequence and Rihanna's scene from Valerian:
- Third Music Break: The Smithereens, "Only A Memory"
- Co-creators Bryan Fuller and Michael Green have abandoned American Gods.
- Netflix renews Stranger Things, The Punisher, will do a shorter final season of House of Cards, puts out a trailer for Altered Carbon, and announces Black Mirror S4's release date and S2 of Jessica Jones (March 8, 2018).
- Is Netflix shaming their viewers with tweets or is it just harmless fun?
- A new Marvel Rising cartoon series incoming.
- Discussion of the concluded first half of The Walking Dead S8.
- Referenced: The RocketJump video How Star Wars Was Saved In The Edit:
- Ash vs. Evil Dead is now on Netflix, so now no excuse to not watch it.
- Fourth Music Break: The Smithereens, "A Girl Like You"
- Fact Check: The backing vocals on "A Girl Like You" were sung by Maria Vidal.
- Dirk recommends the Xbox One X for those wanting a PC gaming experience on a budget.
- Excellent in-depth performance evaluations for consoles and games at Digital Foundry on YouTube.
- Dirk deploys his home theater experience to advise on what kind of 4K TV to get and the mandatory feature it needs to have and all the competing HDR formats.
- The go-to TV review site is Rtings.com. It's the savvy purchaser's first stop when shopping for TVs.
- Dirk talks about the new Apple TV 4K and how to Bargain Ninja® cheap 4K movies from sites like Digital Movie Empire. (That link is Dirk's personal bookmark dropping you into the iTunes section with 48 movies per page, cheapest ones first.)
- Fifth Music Break: The Smithereens, "Blues Before & After"
- Another round-up of sexual predators kicking off with Democrat Rep. John Conyers and Sen. Al Franken as well as Republican Rep. Trent Franks resigning/retiring/rewhatevering.
- Danny Masterson fired after the double-standard Netflix was applying to him and Kevin Spacey blew up when a Netflix veep said they didn't believe the women to an accuser.
- Gabriel Byrne says shooting of The Usual Suspects was shut down a couple days because of Spacey's antics.
- The tape of Corey Feldman's 1993 police statement has been found.
- Rose McGowan lashes out at her Charmed co-star Alyssa Milano for supporting Georgina Chapman, Harvey Weinstein's so-to-be-ex-wife, and Meryl Streep for being a lying hypocrite. She also doesn't approve of the plan of actresses to wear all-black to the Golden Globes to raise awareness of the rampant grabassing.
- Mia Kirshner calls on mega-agency CAA to create an infrastructure to combat all the raping.
- Terry Crews is suing his assaulter and his agency.
- Today show host Matt Lauer sacked after 20 years because he didn't know boundaries. They even had a sketch on the show where he was harassing his co-workers.
- NPR cornball hero Garrison Keillor is now woebegone because grabby-grabby.
- Referenced: Vogon poetry as portrayed in the original BBC miniseries of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and not the terrible movie:
- Other journoweasels include Ryan Lizza of New Yorker fired; PBS host Tavis Smiley suspended; and Chris Matthews had NBC pay a $40K settlement in 1999, but remains employed.
- Bryan Singer is being sued for sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy.
- The Flash and Supergirl producer Andrew Kreisberg is now fired from those shows.
- Jenny Lumet (daughter of director Sidney Lumet) says Russell Simmons raped her and he announced he'd be stepping away from his empire then the NYT named three more victims.
- Super-Size Me filmmaker Morgan Spurlock says he's a cheating rapey guy for some reason.
- Metropolitan Opera impresario James Levine accused by three men of doing stuff.
- Celebrity chefs Mario Batali and Jimmy Iuzzini have their problems, too.
- ESPN suspends Donovan McNabb and Eric Davis for
double-dipping chipssexual harassment charges.
- Harvey Weinstein and The Weinstein company hit with a class-action lawsuit from six women.
- Salma Hayek's harrowing tale of the abuse she suffered from Harvey while trying to produce Frida.
- Peter Jackson says the Weinsteins were blackballing Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino. Harv says did not, but Terry Zwigoff says did too!
- Matt Damon steps in it again and post-taping, his Good Will Hunting co-star, Minnie Driver (with Alyssa Milano brigading along), smacked him around.
- ScarJo and SNL's Colin Jost are official a thing after months of rumors.
- The Rock has an interesting story about Hulk Hogan's headband.
- Last US commercial flight of the Boeing 747 happened.
- RIP: Julio Oscar Mechoso; Endless Summer director Bruce Brown; and Bob Givens, the designer of Bugs Bunny.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk
Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin, Anguis Viridis