Subscribe to podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS
Like/Follow/Contact Us: Facebook • Twitter • CVRadio313@gmail.com
Confused about some references? Check the Culture Vultures Lexicon and get up to speed.
Support our Random Access Talk on Patreon and get exclusive content!
Alternate Titles: "Get Your Skank On" or "The Sean Bean Who Doesn't Die" or "Put The Gun Down, Bob"
- Tonight's Beverages: Żywiec and Cerveza Modelo Negra (Dirk & Bob); Angry Autopilot (Jim Beam + Diet Pepsi w/Lime - Otto)
- To kick off our 5th Anniversary show, an extended dance mix opening with the 88 "Live from..." intros from the past three years. (You can hear the first 82 in our 2nd Anniversary Episode #82, "There's God and There's Frank."
- Mop-up from previous episodes.
- Bob recaps the sale of the most valuable 45 record ever - covered in Episode #169 - to Jack White. Here's Bob with Jack:
- First Music Break: Andrew W.K., "It's Time To Party", "Party Hard", "Party Til You Puke"
- Otto's gifts to his co-hosts.
- Announcement of Cat Mania 2018.
- The 3rd season of True Detective loses its director after two episodes.
- Karl Urban cast in Amazon's adaptation of The Boys comic book series. (About the series.)
- The dimness of The Walking Dead on some TVs.
- Second Music Break: Fishbone, "Party At Ground Zero"
- Bob tries out his new cap gun.
- Free stuff our FaceSpace Likers have been tipped to.
- Bargain Ninja® Approved app for iOS, CheapCharts to find cheap movies, music, books, audiobooks and TV shows.
- Movie trailer talk for Deadpool 2 and Won't You Be My Neighbor? somehow prompts discussion of Ready Player One leads to Memba Berries and how other movies are viewed depending of reference points.
- Referenced: Neill Blomkamp's Alive in Joburg which served as a demo reel for what became District 9:
- Guillermo Del Toro gets his own film imprint and Bob tells a fish tale about watching Grinding Nemo with friends.
- We then veer off to discuss the "Three Amigos" and compare Harry Potter movies.
- The squirreling really gets out of hand as we debate who would've played roles if their perfectly-cast stars hadn't been cast.
- Third Music Break: Miley Cyrus, "Party In The USA" (Andy Rehfeldt remix)
- Getting "Christopher Plummered" is the new verb for being replaced in a movie because of shenanigans and some YouTuber got replaced by Riverdale star KJ Apa which naturally prompts a digression about Cheryl Blossom's "clown mouth":
- Tony Gilroy hints at how extensive the reshoots for Rogue One were.
- Solo to premiere at Cannes.
- Not premiering at Cannes: Netflix movies. Steven Spielberg doesn't think Netflix movies should qualify for Oscars while a Forbes writer thinks it's unfair to exclude them.
- We talk at great length about what makes a movie a "movie" and Otto has an idea for getting people to leave the house for movies.
- Fourth Music Break: LMFAO, "Party Rock Anthem" (Leo Moracchioli metal cover)
- Spielberg wants Indiana JOAN because woke or something.
- Sam Raimi always wears suits on set.
- Benghazi liar Susan Rice named to Netflix board for some reason.
- Dirk reviews New Wave: Dare To Be Different.
- Fifth Music Break: The B-52's, "Party Out Of Bounds"; Public Enemy, "Party For Your Right To Fight""
- Bonus live improv music jam by Bob and Otto.
- Vizio introduced new TVs on April 10, but Dirk is having problems with his current set due to firmware issues.
- Marvel is bringing Fantastic Four back to comics.
- Celebrity busybodies want tip credit banned; waitresses tell them to buzz off.1
- RIP: TV producer Stephen Bochco; actress Susan Anspach; Studio Ghibli co-founder Isao Takahata; avante-garde jazz pianist Cecil Taylor.
- Photo project taking photos of same NYC street corner.
- Hilarious Photoshops showing what's outside of famous album covers.
- Finally, a corgi riding a pony.
Patreon Shout-Out Supporters: Johnny Martinuk, Anguis Viridis, Patreon Roll Call Supporters: Ron Serafin